If you’re thinking about cooking with quinoa, this is a quick and easy meal or snack will be perfect (and ideal for any time of day). I often eat it for breakfast and scramble an egg into it. Feel free to add other veggies and/or spices as you wish. But if you are just looking for some quick and easy greens with a boost of protein (quinoa is high in protein and minerals), this is great.
- 1 bunch of any kale or collards or chard or a combination of those with dandelion, turnip or mustard greens — chopped
- 1-2TBSP olive oil
- 1/4 cup cooked quinoa
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of cayenne (optional)
- Crushed garlic clove (optional)
- wedge of lemon (optional– vit C helps your body absorb iron from greens)
- 1 raw egg, scrambled (optional)
Heat olive oil in pan. Add crushed garlic clove if you wish. Add greens. Saute over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, until soft (or a little crisp if you like) and bright green. Add quinoa, a pinch of sea salt, cayenne and any seasoning you wish. You can also scramble a raw egg and saute that in for added protein. Saute another minute (or until egg is cooked), serve and eat!
If you are cooking for a greens-hesitant person, use less to start. Use more quinoa and less greens. OR start by just adding some chopped greens to regular scrambled eggs.