Yummy Soup Recipes: Delicious Springtime Green Soup
- 2 TBSP Olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 leek
- 1 bunch of asparagus (this is a great early spring green but feel free to substitute a large head of broccoli as well)
- 1 handful of baby kale or arugula or baby spinach
- Sea salt
- 1 TBSP grass fed organic butter (or coconut oil if you enjoy that flavor)-this is optional. I enjoy a little butter in this soup. I find it provides a richer, creamier flavor. Both grass fed butter and coconut oil have great health benefits and fats help our bodies absorb the calcium and other minerals in the greens.
- 1 carton organic veggie broth (or a few cups of homemade veggie stock)
- 1/2 a ripe avocado (optional but yummy!)
DIRECTIONS: Sauté the chopped leek and garlic in the olive oil. Add one bunch of chopped asparagus or one head of chopped broccoli and sauté until veggies are well coated with garlic and oil. Add enough organic veggie broth to cover veggies and cover pot and simmer until vegetables are just soft but still bright green (just about 5 minutes). Add your arugula or other leafy green and the butter and avocado and transfer everything to a high power blender (or use an immersion blender right in the pot).
You will end up with a lovely, creamy, tasty green soup. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper. Note that it is very green! For kids it might be best after a reading of some good old Dr. Seuss! 😉